So I’m sure it’s crossed your mind if you don’t have a wedding planner already- “Do I need a wedding planner?”
It crossed my mind when I started planning my wedding, but I didn’t actually see it until someone else pointed out all of the reasons. So here are some signs that you might need a wedding planner…
1. You work a demanding full time job, so does your fiancé, and you don’t have any family to help (or they all work full time too!).
2. You don’t have time to research, read blogs, look for inspiration, and email all day every day.
3. You’re planning a wedding at a place that you nor any of your willing-to-help family members live.
4. You’re relying on another vendor to handle your wedding day- one who is NOT a wedding planner for YOU.
5. Your fiance is getting mad at you for not spending enough time with him and spending too much time looking at/obsessing over wedding stuff (okay, you might still do this even when you have a wedding planner, but it’s a legit reason).
6. You’ve booked your venue and date, but it’s been a few months and you haven’t done anything else beyond that.
7. You have no clue about what amount to budget for things.
8. You’ve developed ulcers from the stress associated with wedding planning.
9. Family tensions are starting to develop because of the wedding (WARNING: often occurs with female family members!).
10. Panic sets in when you start thinking about your wedding day.
And as with ALL numbered lists I do, of course there are many, many more reasons.
And guess what? You don’t have to be having an expensive, giant wedding to have a wedding planner- there is a planner out there for everyone. Because I don’t care who you are, where your wedding is, or what your budget is- you DESERVE to not be stressed about your wedding. You DESERVE to have fun planning your wedding. You DESERVE to enjoy your wedding day, and the days leading up to it! You DESERVE a wedding planner my friend!
Brides, if you’ve decided to get a wedding planner, what was your tipping point to help you make the decision? And if there are any planners reading, feel free to comment with other signs that you’ve seen from your brides! :)
A version of this post was originally published in August 2011.
Latest posts by Lauren (see all)
- Classic Yellow and Blue Florida Beach Wedding - February 24, 2017
- An Elegant Blush & White San Diego Wedding - February 22, 2017
- Why You Shouldn’t Rely On The Average Cost Of A Wedding - February 21, 2017