Whimsy and romance were two of the things that Lowery and Chad wanted to convey for their South Carolina wedding day, and we are in love! A color palette of blush and cream with touches of navy, lavender, and green created a classic look, perfect for a Southern fete taking place in the Lowcountry. Litchfield Plantation on Pawley’s Island was a gorgeous backdrop, complete with magnificent oaks, a plantation home, and marsh views. Cameron Faye Photography captured the day that was beautifully planned by Design a Dream Events, and we can’t wait for you to read all of the wedding planning insight that Lowery has shared with us!
What (or who) helped you most in your planning process and/or on your wedding day?
My mom and I planned everything! I definitely would ask my wedding planner some questions here or there. I had a vision and just went with it! Mom was there to bounce ideas off of and go to all the appointments with. :) The groom definitely had his to do list, but left most of the planning up to me because he trust my taste! I really enjoyed planning the design aspect of the day!
What was the most important to the two of you while planning? Was there anything that you chose to splurge on or skip?
- The most important things for us were location, good music, full bar, and getting married in a church.
- Location: We wanted to be outside with a beautiful scenery. We liked the history of the venue too! We also chose the beach because the beach is special to us! I grew up going down to Pawleys Island and my parents actually have a beach house there!
- Chad was really passionate about getting married in a church. He really wanted that moment where the doors swung open! We were lucky because there was a church on site of the venue we selected (although separate). They agreed to let us get married in there (we were one of the first!) This was definitely an added splurge for us!
- We love to dance and have a good time so finding a fun, entertaining band was important! We also both HAD to have a brass section which meant we had to splurge here as well!
- We skipped calligraphy on the envelopes because we didn’t want to spend the money there and use it elsewhere. People throw away the envelopes right away anyway!
Do you have any advice for couples planning their weddings now?
- Enjoy it!!! It is a special time that will be over before you know it!
- Don’t stress about the little things… no one will even notice! Not everything went perfectly or got set up exactly how I wanted it, but no one except for me noticed that. However, I did not let it upset me! How could you… you are on cloud 9 all day!
- Have your dinner plated and brought to you in a private area! It was so nice and we actually got to eat!! We also got to have a moment by ourselves to just take a step back and breathe! The day goes by so fast!
- Definitely get a day of wedding coordinator! I don’t know what you would do without one! That was worth it for sure!
- If on a budget, make a list of your top 3 priorities and get those things squared away first/have money set aside for them.
- Don’t get too caught up in the planning and remember what is actually happening. The wedding is just one day… marriage is forever!
- There is no right or wrong so do what is best for you, your groom and your family!
- Keep in mind that your guests are your guests so treat them like that. Be mindful and thoughtful of them when planning things. For instance, I highly recommend having a seating chart because the guest like to know where they are sitting and that they actually have a seat/home base.
Vendors who made it all happen…
Photography: Cameron Faye Photography // Venue: Litchfield Plantation // Event Planning: Design a Dream Events // Floral: Greenskeeper Florist // Videography: Ian C. Dunne Films, LLC // Wedding Cake: Croissants Bistro & Bakery // Rentals: EventWorks // Rentals: Hotz Rentals // Hair + Makeup: Bobby Pins and Blushing Brides // Entertainment: The Band Punch // Catering: Creative Catering // Lighting: MC Sound Light and Video
Latest posts by Lauren (see all)
- The Biggest Wedding Planning Mistake You Can Make… and How To Avoid It! - August 16, 2018
- An Elegant & Luxe White Beach Wedding - August 15, 2018
- A Tropical Wedding Welcome Party - August 14, 2018