With the refreshing subtleties of the first days of spring, Ais Portraits along with RW Events created classic Southern garden wedding ideas inspired by the vision of “The First I Dew.” We appreciate a good pun, but this inspiration stole our hearts with the bright spring colors, a design dripping with lush blooms evoking a natural and organic feel, and the soft watercolor patterns. Oh, and that pup y’all… you will LOVE the adorable puppy that stole the show in several of the portraits!
RW Events created a style that mixed the classic elegance of a Southern wedding with a handful of modern touches and feminine fun. The florals, designed by Flowers by Lesley, created a lush garden feel that immediately puts you in a joyful spring mindset, and the style she created tied together beautifully with the watercolor invitation style and fabric that was incorporated throughout the design.
We think you’ll love this fresh floral style as much as we do, and we can’t wait for you to see!
We simply love the elegance that this team created. Also, we have a bonus treat that they shared with us. If you were eyeing those refreshing cocktails like we were, you’re in luck! They shared two cocktail recipes with us that would be perfect for a spring or summer wedding (or as a refreshing treat at home)! Oh, and it’s affectionately named the “Oh Honey, I Dew.” Enjoy!
‘Oh Honey, I Dew’ Cocktail Ingredients (to make 1 cocktail)
1⁄2 honeydew melon (remove rind + seeds, cut into chunks) 1⁄2cupwater
1⁄2 cup sugar
Honeydew Infused Grapefruit Cocktail 2 oz grapefruit juice
1 oz gin
1⁄2 oz honeydew simple syrup
1 rosemary sprig
1. In a saucepan, combine water and sugar. Cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves. 2. Remove pan from heat, stir in honeydew.
3. Pour syrup into jar/container, let steep and completely cool.
4. Once syrup has completely cooled, strain and remove honeydew.
5. Combine gin, grapefruit juice, and syrup into cocktail shaker filled halfway with ice
6. Shake until mixture is chilled, about 20-30 seconds
7. Strain into champagne coup, splash in a slice of lime, and garnish with a sprig of rosemary
VENDORS WHO MADE IT ALL HAPPEN…
Photography: Ais Portraits // Venue: Cypress Grove Estate House // Planning and Styling: RW Events // Ghost Chair Rentals: A Chair Affair // Place Setting: The Treasury by Emily Grace Design // Hair and Makeup: Laura Reynolds Artistry // Florist: Flowers by Lesley // Cake: Cut The Cake // Bridal Salon: One & Only Bridal Boutique // Calligraphy: Do Tell Calligraphy and Designs
Latest posts by Lauren (see all)
- A Modern Elegant Purple Oxford Exchange Wedding - May 26, 2017
- Elegant Navy & Red Woodland Wedding Ideas - May 25, 2017
- Red & Purple Vintage-Inspired Miami Garden Wedding - May 22, 2017