From the intimate ceremony surrounded by majestic and towering Redwood trees, to the raucous dance party filled reception, Sarah and Matt’s Northern California wedding day was everything the two had dreamt it would be.
From bright pops color in the unstructured florals and garlands to the deep and natural hues of the terra cotta pots and copper cauldrons on the buffet line, color and natural textures were married to create a cozy and inviting environment. The result? A vibrant and timeless northern California-chic vibe that permeated throughout the evening.
Sarah and Matt truly made every effort to personalize their big day with curated details throughout the evening. Surrounded by a stunning floral garland by Mum’s Floral Design, Sarah and Matt exchanged personalized vows in the silence of a majestic redwood grove and celebrated with guests over margaritas and champagne in the treehouse-esque lodge at the UC Berkeley Botanical Gardens. Los Moles, served up copper and terra cotta pots heaping with delectable Mexican fare, as well as made-to-order tortillas for the sprawling taco bar. In addition to the café de olio served in mini clay pots with the cake, guests also indulged in homemade cookies, lovingly baked from family recipes by the bride and groom’s mothers. The evening was a perfect representation of this couple and steeped in love and tradition with a modern flair!
We love how this team of vendors came together to create such a beautiful and unique experience for this couple’s wedding, and Mum’s Floral Design and Danielle Roe Events pulled so many stunning details together to really convey the love story of this bride and groom. We easily find our selves being swept away in the perfect way Dave Medal and Bobby Rosati captured this special day, and are pretty sure you will too!
What (or who) helped you most in your planning process and/or on your wedding day?
Having recently moved to California and starting a new career Becky Reinhart of Mums Floral Design and Danielle Roe of Danielle Roe Events were truly my wedding miracles!
Becky is a Bay Area designer with a floral design studio in Oakland, California. Her deep love for the unpretentious beauty in ﬂowers is inspirational. Her ability to blend color, shape, texture, imperfection, and impermanence is truly remarkable. Becky took my ideas and within minutes catapulted my vision for the day to the next level.
Danielle is the founder of Danielle Roe Events, a full service event management and design house. As an award winning public relations executive in her former life, Danielle has an unparalleled respect for the art of careful planning and event strategy. She has a passion for thoughtfully polished and beautifully designed events that capture the essence of each of her clients’ once in a lifetime vision. Her attention to detail is truly a gift.
What was the most important thing to you when deciding who to work with for your wedding?
Finding someone that was professional, organized, reasonably priced and most importantly has exquisite taste.
What was your inspiration for your wedding details and/or design?
It was incredibly important to us that everything about our wedding was a true reflection of us as a couple. To truly be us this could not be a filet or fish affair (not that we don’t appreciate fine dining) but it had to be our favorite…Authentic Mexican. While we did not want a theme it was important that the food and decor did not seem disjointed. Through the development of mood boards Becky crafted vibrant, rich, romantic, enchantment! Unlike talented florist I have worked in the past Becky does not just create beautiful arrangements she transforms space and brings your vision to life.
What was your favorite thing about your wedding?
It is just not possible to pick one favorite so here are my top three…
1) On the morning of the wedding I shared a letter with my Groom and everyone standing up in our wedding. The Father of the Bride was the last one to open his letter. I will tell you in 31 years I have never seen my Dad cry and that moment we got to share is one I will cherish forever.
2) We went back and forward for quite a while to decide if we wanted to see each other before the wedding. We both value tradition and wanted to make the moment as special as possible. Ultimately, we decided more time together and with our family and close friends was what we wanted. Once the bridal party was ready everyone headed back to their rooms and my groom met me at the bridal suite. While we never left each other’s sides the rest of the evening this was time together just the two of us.
3) Walking down the aisle was the most magical moment. The last bit of sun appeared to hover on the tree branches, the rustling of the redwood forest seemed to pause and all I could hear was the sound of the violins and see the path sprinkled with the most beautiful blend of garden roses. As I approached the amphitheater there stood the love of my life surrounded by all our family and closest friends it was indescribable.
What is your best piece of advice for other brides?
The best advice I received and will happily pass along is to remember to grab your love every 5 minutes. There are so many friends and family gathered to celebrate your marriage and couples can easily be pulled in different directions. This is your first day as one, celebrate it together.
We absolutely love how this couple incorporated so many super personal elements, especially when it came to food. With the fun Mexican fare and the homemade sweet treats, we think this is a perfect way to spice up your wedding menu in a very personal way.
VENDORS WHO MADE IT ALL HAPPEN…
Event Planning + Production: Danielle Roe Events // Floral Design: Mums Floral Design // Photographer: Dave Medal // Linens: La Tavola Linen // Caterer: Los Moles // Specialty Rentals: Frances Lane // Invitations: Equator Design // Cake: Sweet Adeline Bakeshop // Videography: Creative Presentations // Hair + Makeup: Lea Buehler B Gorgeous
Latest posts by Lauren (see all)
- Red & Purple Vintage-Inspired Miami Garden Wedding - May 22, 2017
- Classic Blush, White, & Greenery Georgia Wedding - May 19, 2017
- A Classic Green & White Florida Beach Wedding - May 18, 2017