This recipe is from our Valentine’s Day DIY Dinner Date feature. Click here to view the full feature!
- 1 pound of red potatoes
- 1 head of garlic
- 3 springs of rosemary
- 1 (or more) stick of butter
- Salt & pepper to taste
1) Roast the head of garlic: Slice off the top of garlic head and wrap in foil. Drizzle olive oil over top of garlic head and add salt and pepper to taste. Roast at 400 for 20 to 30 min. Remove from oven and let cool.
2) Cut potatoes in half or quarters. Place potatoes in a pot of salted water. Bring to boil until tender.
3) Chop 3 sprigs of rosemary, set aside.
4) Drain potatoes. Add in roasted garlic (squeeze the head of garlic to release roasted garlic), 1 stick of butter (or more if you'd like), Rosemary, and a pinch of salt.
5) Smash with a potato masher until all is throughly mixed.
6) Salt and pepper to taste.