One of the biggest reasons for why I love details so much is because they are the perfect way for a couple to infuse their personalities and lives into their wedding. Gone are the days of the boring-favors-that-you-throw-away-on-your-way-out-of-the-reception and the sign-your-name-on-the-line-guestbooks. Everyone is recognizing that weddings are just so much better when they reflect the bride and groom… and the details are the key to this!
So now you might be thinking that you and your fiance don’t have personalities or lives that are interesting enough to have these awesome and unique details for your wedding. I know, I know… I thought the same thing! The difference between you and me though is that my husband and I weren’t able to completely infuse US into our wedding because we just didn’t know how. But YOU can, because I’m going to tell you! :)
So first, here are a few questions to ask yourselves. Don’t base your answers on what you *think* would translate into great details. Answer based on you and your fiance’s personalities and your life together!
1. How did you meet?
2. Do you have any special dates you have gone on, things you do, or places you frequent?
3. How did your fiance propose?
4. What are your careers? Hobbies? Passions?
5. Favorite foods, flowers, games, things, colors?
Okay, so now that you have the answers to the above questions, you can create a sort of story of your relationship and your personalities. Next, you’ll want to take a look at the bits and pieces of your “story”, and see how they will translate into details! The following details are all excellent things that can be customized to reflect your personalities and story…
– Overall theme of your wedding
– Save The Dates, Invitations, Stationery Items
– Welcome Bags
– Attendant Florals (bouquet stem wraps, items incorporated)
– Guestbook/Sign In
– Escort Cards
– Food & Drinks
– Centerpiece/tablescape elements (table number, items in centerpieces)
Ummm, yeah, so you get that the details are just about EVERYTHING, right? ;) Well, it’s true. The details ARE just about everything for a wedding. That’s my point though. Sure, you can be inspired by other people’s weddings and the awesome posts here on ELD and all over the blogosphere, but the best inspiration of all is going to be YOURSELVES! It is YOUR wedding after all!
So now tell me what you’ve come up with! Anything in particular that you’re thinking of doing as a detail that is inspired by you and your fiance? Need help, advice, or just someone to tell you it’s a great idea? I’m here to help! :) Comment here or send your questions/thoughts via the ELD Q&A Page! Or if you REALLY want some major help with your details, email me… we just might be able to work something out! :)
Latest posts by Lauren (see all)
- A Glamorous French Blue & White Wedding - January 16, 2019
- How To Create A Wedding Budget - January 14, 2019
- Friday Finds: Eclectic Modern Purple & Teal Wedding Ideas - January 11, 2019