Hey there friends! I hope you all are enjoying your week! I can’t believe it’s Wednesday already… this month has GOT to slow down! Anyways… this wedding that I have for you all this lovely Wednesday is from not one but two of my wonderful ELV pros… Avant Images and Myrtie Blue! It has a fabulous color palette of yellow and blue and some absolutely gorgeous details! You will LOVE it! And as usual, don’t forget to keep an eye out for some excellent insight from the bride, Kelly!
What (or who) helped you most in your planning process and/or on your wedding day?
My mother helped me in my wedding planning process. I was the third and the last to wed in our family and my mother had experience planning my sisters then my brothers and when Brad and I announced the news that we were engaged the next day she already had her and my father’s list of invites and a timeline in which we had to get things done. My sister and brother had very large weddings and something I stressed to my mother was that Brad and I wanted something very intimate and personal and only with our closest friends and family which is what motivated us to do a destination wedding at the beach. My mother was a fabulous planner and even though we were pretty close before, the wedding created a bond between us as well as some special moments that we will never forget.
Bentleys On The Bay is where we had our wedding and they provided us a wedding coordinator on the day of our wedding. The coordinator made sure we did not have anything to worry about. Moreover, most wedding planners go by a timeline and a structure but on my wedding day although we had a timeline if we wanted to change anything or do something different than planned like cutting cake earlier or perhaps dancing later or etc our planner made it happen and she was fabulous!
What was the most important thing to you when deciding who to work with for your wedding?
My main focus for my wedding was that it was very personal as well as that whoever we were going to work with they had to understand that we wanted a very natural feel meaning we wanted to just let things happen the way they were supposed to…. For example if a flower girl decided not to throw her petals or if the food was not ready at a certain time we just wanted to go with the moment. Bentleys and the planner we worked with on the day of our wedding gave us the freedom to just enjoy all the special moments on the day.
Did any of your vendors do anything special for you before, on, or after your wedding day that you would like to share?
At Bentleys as a surprise while the girls were getting ready they brought us wine and food. Also after the ceremony I wanted to see my new husband just for a moment before we walked into the reception. Bentleys and the wedding planner took us upstairs and they had both of us a plate of food and champagne as well as candlelight and they shut the door and let us be together for probably 15 minutes but it something we will remember for a lifetime.
What was your favorite thing about your wedding?
My favorite thing about my wedding was that because Brad and I were not focused on having “the perfect” wedding we were not shy in photographs or with dancing or with anything we just let the day happen. My absolute favorite thing was when we all were on the deck out by the bay at Bentleys and we danced the night away!!! I will never forget being out there on the bay with all of my family and friends and just having the time of our lives!
What is your best piece of advice for other brides?
1. If you don’t have experience with wedding planning or you are not working with someone that does have experience, get a wedding planner girls- it will be worth the price!!! I was lucky enough to have my mother and she did everything!
2. When picking venues make sure that they are willing to work with you and give you freedom with your flowers, music etc. Know what is important to you and do not compromise on what is MOST important to you.
3. Have a great photographer- All photographers are talented but you need to choose someone that reflects your personal style and that understands your personality. It is very important that the day of the wedding the bride be focused on letting the photographer take beautiful pictures and she not try to make pictures beautiful (there is a difference!) I worked with Tiffany of Avant Images and she is an artist and she absolutely captured every moment at the wedding! Tiffany’s pictures are reflective of an artist painting a picture… she captured beautiful moments.
4. Florist- It is very important that you let them work their magic! Ladies it is very important to spend time with your florists so they can capture you on your wedding day but also if you have a good florist then let them work their magic! I used Myrtle Blue and suggested some things but he did more than I could have ever imagined!
Alright, so now tell me… what do you think of the golf ball elements they used throughout? Pretty cool, right? That’s what I love seeing- incorporating your personalities into the wedding! And I don’t know about you, but I love just about any color palette with yellow, and the brighter shade of blue (as opposed to navy) is absolutely gorgeous!! Oh and PS- I’m kind of in love with the centerpieces!!! :)
Vendors who made it all happen…
Latest posts by Lauren (see all)
- Romantic Ethereal Bridal Portraits - January 19, 2018
- A Romantic Blush & Gold Spring North Carolina Wedding - January 18, 2018
- A Tropical & Elegant South Florida Wedding Day - January 17, 2018