Happy Wednesday everyone! This wedding I have for you all today from Meg Baisden Photography is a beauty! An elegant color palette of black and white paired with bits of blush and green, a fabulous Vera Wang dress, gorgeous photography, and even some YUMMY treats for guests all make for an excellent wedding! The beautiful bride, Kara, will be sharing some of her wedding planning insight with us while we share the imagery of her wedding day.
What (or who) helped you most in your planning process and/or on your wedding day?
Our parents, family and friends were amazing! My sister got married 2 years ago, and she was such a great person to have next to me at all times. She was able to give me some amazing tips for our big day, but also kept me calm during my long distance planning! I was living in the Caribbean at the time and my mom, mother in law, and sister did a lot of the extra work for us in Orlando!
What was the most important thing to you when deciding who to work with for your wedding?
My husband and I had a idea of what we wanted our wedding day to look and feel like, so we wanted to make sure our vendors all understood what we were looking for. We were very specific about the look and feel for our wedding day and all of our vendors did a great job! Be as specific as you can be when explaining what you would like from your vendors.
Did any of your vendors do anything special for you before, on, or after your wedding day that you would like to share?
Our great photographers offered to do our engagement pictures for us since we had brought so many friends and family to their business! It was a great way to get to know our photographers and get comfortable in front of the camera, not to mention we have great engagement photos to last forever!
What was your favorite thing about your wedding?
My favorite part of the wedding was surprising my husband with his favorite food, McDonalds Big Mac’s! We had 100 Big Mac’s brought in as his surprise grooms cake. He was shocked and all of the guest loved snacking on a Big Mac at the end of the night!
What is your best piece of advice for other brides?
1. Use your resources! There were so many of my friends who had just gotten married, so I was able to ask all of my girlfriends what they would have done differently, added or skipped on. Finding out for example that I didn’t need to have too many flowers for the head table since I had 10 bridesmaids who set their bouquets in vases of water on the tables really saved me a lot of money and made it look great!
2. On the wedding day take it all in! I will always remember the moments with my dad right before I walked down the isle to see Tyler :) It was a moment I will always keep with me. Just breathe and take a step back and Enjoy all of your hard work, you deserve it!
Thank you so much for sharing your wedding day with us Kara! And a big huge thank you to the always-amazing Meg Baisden Photography for capturing Kara’s wedding so gorgeously!
Love that she changed her hairstyle for before the reception! Beautiful! And um, so how AWESOME is it that they brought McDonald’s in as the “groom’s cake”?! I had to show my husband that- let’s just say he’s disappointed I didn’t think of that 3 years ago. ;) Oh, and the cupcake truck too?! I definitely wish I had been a guest at this wedding! And let’s just say that all this food goodness is NOT boding well for the diet that I’m currently on!
What do you all think of the treats they had? Are any of you planning on having some treats like this for your own wedding?
Vendors who made it all happen…
Latest posts by Lauren (see all)
- Weddings Cost WHAT?! - January 16, 2020
- Elegant Black, White & Gold Texas Wedding Inspiration - January 14, 2020
- Newly Engaged? 10 Steps To Start Planning Your Wedding! - January 8, 2020